Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Me, Myself & Ibsen

Hi, my names Leslie and I'm 16 years old. When I'm not in school I'm usually listening to music (almost always have Fifth Harmony, Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber, Melanie Martinez, Drake, Beyoncé, Prince Royce, Romeo Santos, and ZAYN) on repeat or I just spend my time watching Netflix or just on my laptop. As well as being outside in nature and taking pictures of things that people usually tend to miss. One of the things I enjoyed in English class so far this year is reading The Interpreter of Maladies. The short story that I enjoyed the most is A Temporary Matter. It taught me some of the hardships that couples (even married ones) go through and that no matter what, sometimes there's no way to fix it.

Henrik Ibsen, the author of A Doll's House had a very interesting life. He was born on March 20, 1828 in Skien, Norway. His father was a merchant and his mother painted, played piano, and loved to go to the theater. At the age of 8, him and his family were thrown into poverty due to problems in his fathers business. He exiled from Norway to Italy, there he wrote the tragedy Brand. Ibsen later moved on and he wrote one of his most famous plays A Doll's House . In the 1900s, he had a series of strokes that made him unable to write. He eventually died on May 23, 1900, and his last words were "To the contrary!" I think that A Doll's House will be based on Henrik's life while he was in exile. Overall I'm excited for this play and to see what'll happen.

link to information: http://www.biography.com/people/henrik-ibsen-37014

No comments:

Post a Comment